How to Recolor Irish Lace in Photoshop
I released my new Irish Lace Styles 02 on Sunday, and wrote a post on how they worked so beautifully with Manu Scraps‘ Doily and Snowflake Generator Action and Jilbert’s Bits of Bytes Filigree Action. (Making your own Doilies and Snowflakes). I included a grayscale lace in Irish Lace Styles 02 and promised to show you how to recolor the style… so let’s take a look at how that’s done.
Today I am using Photoshop CC2017. Tomorrow we will look at how to recolor the Irish Lace in Photoshop Elements.
I love this snowflake Manu created with her Action, so let’s use it in our example.
- Install the Irish Lace Styles 02 in Photoshop
- Open the object you want to stylize (in this case Manu’s snowflake)
- Apply the Grayscale Style.
- Once you apply the style, you will see the Effects that were used to create this style below your image, in your Layers Panel. Double-click on “Color Overlay” to open the options for that effect.
- Click in the color box to open the Color Picker, and choose the color you would like your object to be. Experiment with Blend Modes and Opacity levels to get the look you want.
In my example, I chose color bf4b58 and changed the Blend Mode to Linear Dodge, and left the opacity at 48%. I also added a Drop Shadow of Color: 262626; Blend Mode Multiply; Opacity 17%; Distance 3px, Spread 3px, Size 0 px. Drop Shadows, of course, will depend upon what background you are placing your object on.
That’s it! That’s how easy it is!
I hope you have found this helpful, and that you enjoy experimenting with color changes!
My Irish Lace Styles 02 are available at an introductory 30% savings and are available at:
You will find Manu’s Doily and Snowflake Generator Action at theStudio, on sale.
And you can find Jill’s Filigree Maker Action on sale at:
If you would like to download a PDF of this tutorial you may do so here: How to Recolor Irish Lace Styles
If you would like to watch a short video on this process you may do so here: How to Recolor Irish Lace Styles You Tube Video