Today let’s take a look at how to create a soft glow, using a Photoshop brush.
Here is a candle holder that is included in my Woodland Winter
kit. Let’s add a lovely soft glow to it…..
…. and get it to look like this:
1. Create a blank layer above the original candle holder layer.
2. Set your Foreground color to Hex Code a58c33 (Click on the Color Picker; when the Color Picker Window opens, type in the Hex Code in the area shown circled here in red.)
5. Create another blank layer and place it above your glow.
6. Enlarge the brush you are using. I enlarged my brush to 300 px.
7. Stamp your brush on the 2nd blank layer.
8. Change the Blend Mode of this layer to Color Dodge.
Continue in this manner until you are happy with your glow.
I created one more blank layer, enlarged my brush to 600 px and stamped once more.
Here is my final result with 3 stamped brush layers, all changed to Color Dodge, brushes sizes 250 px, 300 px, and 600 px. (I added the candle and candle wick through other techniques.)
Watch a short YouTube video where I demonstrate this technique on my Karen Schulz Designs Channel: How to Create a Soft Lantern Glow.
While you’re there, be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future tutorials!