Workflow for Editing Photos
At the beginning of the year, I always like to organize. Whether it’s organizing a drawer or a digital folder, starting out the year “fresh” feels good! It’s good to have a plan in place, a method to follow.
It’s the same way with editing our photos. Using a specific workflow every time we edit a picture will help us get the job done well every time.
There is a certain workflow that has been proven to work best for highlighting what is good in a photo and diminishing what might be not so good. Here’s the “secret” formula.
- Crop, straighten, and resize.
- Correct any lighting issues (shadows, highlights, mid-tones).
- Eliminate any possible color casts.
- Adjust saturation if necessary.
- Apply any special effects (if desired)
- Apply sharpening, if needed
I hope you find this helpful as you edit your photos!